Wednesday, 23 November 2016

Found Objects

Today is the first day that I have come home from work and done some stitching :-), well I used the embellishing machine!!! Over the weekend I had finished hand stitching the background for my 'Found Object'
And tonight I decided to see what it would look like if I put it under the emblellisher - was worried that it might break all the stitching, but all was well, and was pleased with the result
And with 'Found Object" strategically placed....
Am thinking that I might like to drill some holes into it and secure it with stitched bars????

Thursday, 17 November 2016

Guess if I concentrated on one think I would get more of that done!

Not only am I crocheting two blankets, and hand quilting my watercolour quilt I am working on three projects My Plum project is progressing VERY slowly, have started stitching the tissue to the background, it is a slow process as you can only do one stitch at a time because if you rock the needle you tear the tissue, but am liking the results.
Am also liking the stitched background that I am making for the larger found seaside objects, drift wood, shells ....
And also had fun filling some bottles with the smaller found objects, these eventually will be put in a case on the wall with the 3 stitched pieces beside it.

Saturday, 5 November 2016

Background on its way

Fabric cut and placed on felt background, this has a net placed over it so that I can use my embellishing machine to give the background a texture
Machine embellished background
I have then cut the waxed tissue into random squares and oblongs. I put a piece of heavy duty plastic over my embellished background to protect it and placed the tissue in a pleasing order. this I then joined with matte medium. once the piece was dry I lightly covered the back with matte medium and lightly pressed it onto the background. This will help it stay in place whilst stitching it and hopefully give it a little more strength.