Saturday, 1 May 2010

Good start to the Bank Holiday

Rhubarb update….

IMG_6407IMG_6405

Pond was stagnant again so cleaned that out – need to get a pump, but settled on buying some oxygenating weed as cant afford pump after going to Craft Arena!! Hopefully that will make the frogs home a little nicer for them.

IMG_6404

Chris has glued my Perspex frame together and now it is over me to finish it…… The idea is that the railing and brick wall are ‘barriers’ either keeping people out or people in, I wanted something behind the wall, but hadn't worked out what to do until I started putting the three lutrador pieces together.

IMG_6411IMG_6415

I have decided to make a paper background that hopefully will look like a very old and precious piece of textile – the idea is that this represents the all the treasures that are locked away and only seen by a few.

IMG_6410 IMG_6418

Ok, so I still have a long way to go on this – but it is drying at the moment!!

Skeined off the silk yarn that Denise gave to us to share.

IMG_6416

And then got down to doing some stitching on the Barbed Wire Quilt. IMG_6419

No comments: